Common Construction Site Injuries and How to Deal with Them in Albany?
Working in the construction industry is considered the most dangerous job in any country. This is because of the common injuries that occur due to accidents while working. This job involves a work environment like loud noises, big and heavy materials and power tools that can lead to injuries at any time. So, if you are working in the construction industry then this article is the right place to know more about injuries.
Here are the necessary steps that you need to take while such injuries happen:
- Report the injury to your employer immediately as well as to the insurance company
- You need to tell that healthcare provider that this injury is work-related.
- Give written notice to your employer.
- Record all the expenses such as travel-related, medical and any other things
- Lastly, find a personal lawyer to help you claim the money
If you need any help related to this injury claim then you can contact the law office Powers & Santola LLP. They have the best Albany construction accident lawyers. So, if you have suffered this injury due to the negligence of someone else on the job site then they will help you fight for it.
Causes of accidents
The causes for these accidents include:
- Workers usually work on the top of elevated machines or platforms. They also work on open floors or tunnels. So, if there is no safety equipment like rails or harnesses then falls can happen
- Many workers have died when they are caught between objects or crushed under the object. This happens when cranes or machinery are left unattended.
- Workers must wear hard hats every time they are on the site as there are moving objects or parts in the air. This usually happens when they are working on tall buildings or elevated platforms.
- There are various trenches, machines, holes, wires, cables and tools that are left open and people can trip and fall
- Electrocution is one reason for injuries especially for electricians, plumbers, carpenters and power-line installers.
- Many non-powered tools like hammers, knives, boxcutters etc cause more injuries than powered tools like drills, grinders etc.
- People working around the elevators or who build them are more prone to suffer injuries.
- There are a lot of different materials that are used during construction like pipes, ducts, tubing, lumber, nails, screws which are all the leading causes of injuries.
Most importantly people need to be careful while they are on the construction site. If they wear all the protective gear, then they would be safe.